Pages

Sunday 14 February 2010

Whew. I had to take a couple of days off, I been a bit squiffy. Sadly, it happens far too often now. Perhaps a change in diet will help...

As you can see (points down) the book has started. I will try and keep this blog updated with the photos, because I promised my sister. Anyway, the idea of the book is to display photos to the theme of wild places - parks inside towns, cracks in the pavement, even tiny little micro spaces like potted plants. Hopefully I plan to design all of the paper and stickers I use, and go with a sort of altered art papercraft approach (ha ha). On this the first page, so far everything has been done by me :). Fingers crossed I get lots more done.

All is not well in the world of hamster. The gray puffball russian has started picking on her sister, and after three nasty bites I've seperated them. Its a shame, they lived together for.... Six months I think. Unfortunately once they start, it just gets worse till one damages the other permanently... or worse. And then this evening Tadpole decided to go for a little trip sans ball, little bugger. Last but not least apparently it smells in the corridor now, so its cleaning everwhere tomorrow or get busted again, and I really can't rehome them all this time around.

Wheelie issue for the day ~ Eugh, always being at handbag or backpack height. We went shopping today, and shopping on a Saturday is always a nightmare, but in a wheelchair crowds are horrific. People stop suddenly, then swear and shout when you can't stop from running into them. Walk across you while they talk on their phone. Tread on your feet, and that I really hate because it bloody hurts. And worst of all, you are inevitably at bag height. And everyone has a bag these days, and people do not normally compensate properly for them. Especially big, stuffed backpacks. Getting one of those to the face is horrible. Last time I was in a place that packed, I went around with a sharpie marker in my hand, and swiped everyone who hit me. Espensive handbags, fur coats (it was a London art fair. Lots of money) designer jackets... People who saw us coming with a big black marker pen soon moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment